Subject: Re: me standing up for newtek ..go figure...
From: Ace Miles <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 1996 13:27:20 -0500

>BTW  does anyone on Amiga that has the flyer 4.0version of LW that came 
>with 4.07 actually use it in this prerelease version?  It has some good 
>features but renders rather slow. I can't get anything actually done with 
>it and have  use 3.5.  Does anyone know if the final 4.0 will be such a 
>render pig or what?  Even something as simple as a background with on 
>objects is very slow.

At home I use 3.5 when I'm using MacroForm. But 4.0 has all the nice stuff
like undo,redo and plugins. Of course this will change since Santa got me a
P-133 with Matrox card and everything else you could imagine on it.
At work I used to use an SGI when I modeled cuz of the nice resolution. But
for the past couple of months it's been the PC cuz of PowerView. :) 
Not only that but there's no SN on the SGI :(  

Allen did mention at the VTU Expo that all new versions on the Amiga render
a little slower now due to the new compiler he's using. I'm pretty sure he
said it looked like it would stay that way too.

-Ace

     -------------------------------------------------------------     
	Ace Miles * Senior Animator * Time Warner Interactive
	
	   [email-masked] (work)  or   [email-masked] (home)